With all the restaurants closed at the moment and with Nathalie training as a chef, we're now bringing the local mountain food to you in the chalet.
Choose from a delicious range of options, all at very competitive prices.
Food options are:
- Reblochon puff pastry sticks with poppy and sesame seeds: Puff pastry sticks with Savoie reblochon (cheese with unpasteurised milk), topped with poppy and sesame seeds.
- Gougère with Comté and Savoie smoked ham: Baked savoury choux pastry with Comté cheese, Savoie smoked ham and paprika.
- Sunshine Tart with Raclette Cheese : In addition to being magnificent, this tart is also very practical to eat : you just have to detach its "rays" of sunshine bit by bit and the aperitif can begin! It is raclette cheese and dried meat from the Alps cooked in puff pastry.
- Creamy lentil soup with smoked Diots: Soup with green lentils, shallots, crème fraîche and smoked Diots (sausage made with pork, bacon, garlic and nutmeg).
- Sunshine vegetable quiche with goat milk cheese: A colourful quiche with courgette, aubergine and red peppers topped with goat milk cheese from la Ferme des Moises and fresh basil.
- Winter vegetable Quiche with Tomme cheese: A Savoie quiche with butternut squash, red onion and Tomme cheese, sprinkled with thyme.
- Gratin of potatoes with 2 trouts topped with an hazelnut crumble: Trout fillet and smoked trout with petit-suisses yoghurt and dill covered with baked sliced potatoes and an hazelnut crumble. Served with green salad and lemon vinaigrette.
- Perch fillets "à la meunière": Perch fillets coated with seasoned flour with lemon and either capers or toasted almond served with glazed baby carrots and garlic potatoes.
- Lamb stew with potatoes and carrots : A traditional lamb stew in the Valley Verte with potatoes, carrots, onions and parsley.
- Tartiflette of Savoie with bacon: With its potatoes, shallots, bacon, reblochon (Savoie cheese with unpasteurised milk) and cream, tartiflette is the essential dish of winter in Haute-Savoie. Served in individual dish with a green salad and mustard vinaigrette.
- Fondue Savoyarde: One the most famous dishes to come from the Savoie region and is blend of with Savoyard cheese (abondance, comté, beaufort, gruyère), white wine, nutmeg, kirsch (cherry liqueur) and garlic. Cubes of Country bread are dipped in the Fondue. Perfect after a day outdoor. Best served with White wine from Savoie. Optional selection of cured meats.
- Raclette: Raclette is a traditional Swiss dish made of melted Raclette cheese served with boiled potatoes, pickled (gherkins and onions), a selection of cured meats and lettuce with tomatoes and a mustard dressing.
- Fondue Savoyarde with Chicken and mushroom and Crozet Gratin: Fondue Savoyarde (as described above) with chicken Breast and Mushroom (instead of bread) served Gratin of Buckwheat Crozet (small square shape flat pasta made in the Savoie region) with broccoli and walnut.
- Pizza Savoyarde: Homemade medium (12-inch) pizza dough covered with tomato sauce, raclette, bacon, onions and thyme. Green salad with optional mustard vinaigrette. Served in pizza box.
- Savoyard Biscuit: The Biscuit de Savoie, is really a cake, a very very light sponge cake, normally made in an attractive Kugelhopf shape mould. Its origin goes back to the 14th century, when in Chambéry the count Amadeus VI of Savoy asked his patissier to make a cake as light as a feather. Served with caramelised apple or pineapple.
- Almond tart with blueberries: Traditional tart where berries where picked up in the mountains at the end of the summer.
- Floating Islands in the spirit of Mont-Blanc: The traditional floating island recipe (meringue floating on vanilla custard with caramel) revisited to include an hazelnut custard and chestnut cream instead of caramel.
- Dark Chocolate Yule Log: A dark chocolate Christmas log with almond paste festive decorations.
- Brioche with Pink Pralines of Saint Genix: "La Brioche de Saint-Genix" is a speciality of Savoie. It is made with orange blossom water and pink sugar almonds.
- Country Bread loaf: Our home made country bread loaf (750g).
Take-away for lunch
- Savoyard Sandwich: Raclette cheese is melted inside the pizza dough. This sandwich is filled with cooked ham, moonblush tomatoes, gherkins and lambs lettuce. It is delivered in a sandwich bag so that you can take it on your travels.
Wines from Haute Savoie
- Mondeuse - Red Wine of Savoie - Vielles Vignes - Domaine Grisard - 75cl: The colour is limpid, deep red, with light purple reflections. The nose is attractive, the pepper is present, the fruits are fresh and elegant. The palate is smooth, with good length and roundness. A Mondeuse full of finesse, elegance, with a touch of femininity. Perfect with our lamb stew around 16/18°.
- Chignin - White Wine of Savoie - Domaine La Chancelière - 75cl: The colour is gold with green reflections. The nose is full and delicate, a beautiful aromatic palette is revealed, fresh almonds, pears. The finish is very round, it's pleasant and what a nice surprise! Serve at 11° with tartiflette, fondue or the fish dishes.
- Crémant de Savoie - Sparkling Wine of Savoie - Domaine de Grisard 75 cl: Domaine Grisard delights us with a fine bubble around a blend of Jacquère, Chardonnay, Roussette Altesse. After 12 months of ageing on slats, this Crémant reveals a large aromatic palette with notes of very ripe white fruits. The palate is harmonious and so delicious that it quickly calls for a second sip. The finish is long on brioche notes. Serve at 8° as an aperitif or with the Almond tart with blueberries.
As all ingredients are bought fresh and locally, we need 72 hours notice of your food requirements. An order form will be available in the chalet, or by request. The minimum ordering quantity for most dish is 4.